I love to read. I grew up in a house where there were books in every corner and reading every night was just what we did. In college I majored in Psychology and American Literature and my passion for reading continues to this day. While working with clients, I often suggest books that may help them gain a new perspective or offer some support and encouragement by reading about others who have gone through something similar.
Without further ado, here are the top books I often recommend to clients in no particular order. I have included Amazon links for each book. I do not receive any kickbacks for any of these recommendations.
- Divorcing a Narcissist, One Mom’s Battle by Tina Swithin
- BIFF for Coparent Communication (Your guide to difficult co-parent texts, emails and social media posts) by Bill Eddy
- Mom’s House, Dad’s House, Making Two Homes for Your Child by Isolina Ricci
- Splitting, Protecting Yourself While Divorcing Someone with Borderline or Narcissistic Personality Disorder by Bill Eddy
- Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way by M. Gary Neuman
- Making Divorce Easier on Your Child by Nicholas Long & Rex Forehand
- A Better, Not Bitter Divorce by BJ Mann
- Transitions by William Bridges
- Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay by Mira Kirshenbaum
- The Human Magnet Syndrome by Ross Rosenberg
If you have read a good book on divorce or co-parenting that you would like to recommend, please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com.